Before submitting the abstract, you are requested to carefully read the rules regarding abstract submission.
- Abstract(s) may not have been published previously at the time of presentation of the annual APHS congress.
- Any human experimentation that has been conducted with respect to the submitted abstract(s), should have been conducted according to the protocol approved by the institutional or local committee on ethics in human investigation; or, if no such committee exists, the works should have been conducted in accordance with the principles of the Declaration of Helsinki of World Medical Association. Council may enquire further into ethical aspects when evaluating the abstract(s)
- In clinical studies, the authors must state that an Ethical Committee approval has been obtained.
- All abstract(s) must be submitted in English. Applies also for the title, text body and author affiliations
- Only abstract submitted through the website congress or congress email will be considered
- Cancellation or name changes should be notified 1 month prior to the congress by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Systematic reviews (with or without meta-analysis) can be submitted only when they meet the following standards:
- The clinical question was clearly defined using a standard PICO (Population, Intervention, Comparison and Outcome) format
- A comprehensive systematic literature search was carried out
- An assessment of the risk of bias was made
- Key findings are clearly described including clinical practice relevance
Each quoted author should have contributed substantially to the represented work in terms of conceptual design or analysis writing of article and final approval of the article in order to take public responsibility for the content.
The size of abstracts not more than 300 words and limited to 3,000 characters (including title, body of abstract, spaces tables and graphics). Every picture / graphic count for 500 characters.
The title should clearly define the topic. Do not identify your institution in the title. There is no maximum length for the title. However, the characters in the title are included in your total character count. The first letter of the title will automatically begin with a capital letter. Do type the abstract and title in small letters, except for abbreviations. Do not type the abstract title in capital letters.
Type full family name and first name of all authors, only omitting any titles, degrees and institutional affiliations. It is advisable to check the correct spelling of the family name and initials with each author. Please check that for authors from the same institution, the name of institution is written in the exact same way to avoid the creation of extra affiliations, which are in fact identical.
Type the name of the institution, department, city and country in English.
Body of the abstract
The following headings have already been formatted for you and should not be entered in the text fields again:
- Introduction & objectives
- Materials & methods
State the objective of the study, describe the material and methods, summarize the results presenting sufficient details to support of the conclusions reached (not acceptable to state: “The results will be discussed”). Use number for numbers and only very well-known abbreviations e.g. kg, MRI etc. If you must use other abbreviations, you must explain it the first time it appears. You can use the special keys to insert tables, pictures or specific characters.
Verify that your abstract is correct and read the proof carefully that will be automatically shown after you have inserted all data. Keep a printout for your own records.
Abstract bodies will be published as submitted, except for a simple English spelling check. After submission deadline there is no possibility to edit the abstract anymore.
Deadline for abstract submission is July 31st, 2019 at 2PM local time.
In case you want to withdraw your abstract after submission, please send an email before is August 31st, 2019 to email@example.com
How to submit?
Submit your abstract through congress website www.aphsbali2019.org located at Abstract Submission Section or via congress email firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
The scientific committee will give the final decision on the presentation format for each accepted abstract. However, presenters are welcome to inform the committee the preference of the presentation format. Please note down at the top of your abstract ONE of the following preferences: ORAL PRESENTATION or E-POSTER PRESENTATION.
The final presentation format and schedule be informed by email to each author at the latest by September 1st, 2019. The presentation schedule will be only provided for those presenters that have paid the registration fee.
Guide for Preparation for Moderated Oral Presentation:
- PREPARE PowerPoints SLIDES WITH A 5 MINUTE PRESENTATION.
- Each presenter will have 5 minutes’ presentation time and 2 minutes for question & answer.
- Presenter must submit their PowerPoint slides at least 3 hours prior to the session start time at the Slide Counter. Slide counter will be open starting Wed, October 2nd 2019 at 2PM and every day during the conference from 7AM to 6PM.
- PowerPoints must be in ppt/pptx 16:9 format.
- Presenter are not allowed to use their own laptop
Guide for Preparation for E-Poster Presentation:
- Once your abstract is accepted and you have paid the registration fee, the committee will send you the link to upload your e-poster.
- You can also submit your E-Poster onsite at the latest on Wed, October 2nd 2019 at 2PM at E-Poster Counter
- Use either Times New Roman font or Arial Font, suggestion at least 24 font size
- Please save the E-poster in high quality image format PDF (1080px x 1920px) max Resolution 300dpi with Portrait position
- Pictures and graphics should be of good quality (high resolution)
- E-poster should not contain any video clips/animation files.
- E-poster will be shown using 42inch LCD TV